Tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy.
Lightweight: easy to fall, easy to break.
Things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- how they treat their parents
Remember that intimate conversation you had with your son? The one where you said, “I love you and I need you to know that no matter how a woman dresses or acts, it is not an invitation to cat call, taunt, harass or assault her”?
Or when you told your son, “A woman’s virginity isn’t a prize and sleeping with a woman doesn’t earn you a point”?
How about the heart-to-heart where you lovingly conferred the legal knowledge that “a woman doesn’t have to be fighting you and you don’t have to be pinning her down for it to be RAPE. Intoxication means she can’t legally consent, NOT that she’s an easy score.”
Or maybe you recall sharing my personal favorite, “Your sexual experiences don’t dictate your worth just like a woman’s sexual experiences don’t dictate hers.”
Last but not least, do you remember calling your son out when you discovered he was using the word “slut” liberally? Or when you overheard him talking about some girl from school as if she were more of a conquest than a person?
I want you to consider these conversations and then ask yourself why you don’t remember them. The likely reason is because you didn’t have them. In fact, most parents haven’t had them.”